Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Removing excess white goo (glue?) from Full Color Sandstone? (Pics)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Removing excess white goo (glue?) from Full Color Sandstone? (Pics) [message #62664] Sat, 23 February 2013 20:01 UTC
avatar Brian123  is currently offline Brian123
Go to my shop
I just received an order last week and haven't been able to post about it until now.

It's hard to get a 100% perfect print. There's likely to be a small blemish. Like an LCD might have a dead pixel. Though, if I a dead pixel is in the center of the screen, it becomes a big issue. Sadly, that's what happened with this print.

This print has some kind of white goo (glue) stuck on the character's face. So you always see it every time you take a look. The rest of the print meets standards ( great colors, smooth, no chips, etc.)

The blemish seems solid and I don't want to try scratching it off. Has anyone had to deal with this issue? Any techniques?

I normally wouldn't complain if it was more hidden. Right on the face just ruins it, almost no different than physically damaged there.

I'll e-mail service for suggestions and what they think.

index.php?t=getfile&id=27901&private=0

Previous Topic:ABS Conductive printing material
Next Topic:glazed ceramics models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.