Home » Support » 3D Design » Export from Maya to VRML files
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Export from Maya to VRML files [message #62633] Sat, 23 February 2013 00:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar clay2n  is currently offline clay2n
Go to my shop
Hi,

I have been trying to upload my design for a few hours unsuccessfully.
I use Maya 2013 and I export to VRML2.

I get the same error:
"The 3D model Test11 Merged you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing."

when I go through Magics, I have the following error:

"It seems your product is missing the textures it needs to be 3D printed. Please check the uploaded file to make sure the texture is in the root directory (we don't support textures in subfolders)."

My textures are in the same subfolder. Attached is the file I have been trying to upload, along with the textures and screengrab of the final model.

Thanks for your help.

-Clay

• Attachment: Untitled-1.jpg
    (Size: 55.25KB, Downloaded 25 time(s))

• Attachment: ~mat1.jpg
    (Size: 55.39KB, Downloaded 29 time(s))

• Attachment: test10.wrl
    (Size: 491.06KB, Downloaded 25 time(s))

Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62650 is a reply to message #62633 ] Sat, 23 February 2013 11:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
You could try renaming your texture file (and the reference to it in the VRML file) to something that does not
start with the "~" character (which can have special meaning on some operating systems, so might confuse
the shapeways software)
Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62833 is a reply to message #62650 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Mkrouker,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried renaming the texture map but it did not help.

When I upload the .wrl file, why doesn't it ask for the image with the upload?
I can only upload one file. So there can't be any textures....

Clayton
Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62834 is a reply to message #62833 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Eh, you are uploading the wrl and jpg contained in a single zip file, aren't you ?
Uploading them separately will not work - the wrl will be unhappy without its texture (as you noticed),
and with the lonely jpg the shapeways software will not know what to do.

(wrl alone works fine when you use vertex colors - no idea what maya calls them, but in effect it is
a rgb color definition attached to each object or vertex, instead of a texture map - of course this makes
sense only when the coloring is that simple)

[Updated on: Tue, 26 February 2013 22:28 UTC]

Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62835 is a reply to message #62834 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
So , if I understand correctly, my .wrl and my texture file, should be one file?
Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62836 is a reply to message #62835 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Yes, you upload a .zip file that contains both the wrl and its texture jpg (and no other files).
Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62837 is a reply to message #62836 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 23:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I can't upload a .zip...:/

"Oops. We can't process this file.

Something went wrong processing your upload, please try again"

• Attachment: test14.zip
    (Size: 154.00KB, Downloaded 12 time(s))

Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62838 is a reply to message #62837 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 23:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Please remake the zip so that it does not contain a folder, just the two files. (Except for that, it
should work now)
Re: Export from Maya to VRML fi [message #62840 is a reply to message #62838 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 23:16 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
BOOM!

Thanks Mkroeker, you just me a lot of frustration.

-Clay

Previous Topic:Material Selection: Opaque object inside Transparent object
Next Topic:walls vs details

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.