Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need a cufflink modeled and printed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62413] Tue, 19 February 2013 21:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar whovian  is currently offline whovian
Go to all my models
Hey all,

Newbie here. I am working on a project, and need a special cufflink made. I can't 3D model for beans, so I need someone to do it for me.

This is what I want done...
http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/2012/11/golden_gun_cufflinks.jpg

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Re: Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62427 is a reply to message #62413 ] Wed, 20 February 2013 00:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ronsaki  is currently offline Ronsaki
Go to my shop
For a design like this you would need to provide full technical documentation.Although I guess it could be designed given some basic measures and information about threads.
If you could provide that, making something like that is possible.

Also I am not sure if 3D printing in steel is good enough to be 100% sure threads will be done in a required tolerance, and once assemblied that they will actually be functionable. If someone experienced could give some feedback about this I would appreciate it a lot.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 February 2013 00:04 UTC]

Re: Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62637 is a reply to message #62413 ] Sat, 23 February 2013 02:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Hello

I think I can come up with a "design for printing" that will match the shapes and size in your photo.

I have a few questions. I will send you a private message.

Jeff

Previous Topic:Bring an intricate tattoo to 3D
Next Topic:Miniature Programmable Lighting

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.