Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need a cufflink modeled and printed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62413] Tue, 19 February 2013 21:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar whovian  is currently offline whovian
Go to all my models
Hey all,

Newbie here. I am working on a project, and need a special cufflink made. I can't 3D model for beans, so I need someone to do it for me.

This is what I want done...
http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/2012/11/golden_gun_cufflinks.jpg

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Re: Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62427 is a reply to message #62413 ] Wed, 20 February 2013 00:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ronsaki  is currently offline Ronsaki
Go to my shop
For a design like this you would need to provide full technical documentation.Although I guess it could be designed given some basic measures and information about threads.
If you could provide that, making something like that is possible.

Also I am not sure if 3D printing in steel is good enough to be 100% sure threads will be done in a required tolerance, and once assemblied that they will actually be functionable. If someone experienced could give some feedback about this I would appreciate it a lot.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 February 2013 00:04 UTC]

Re: Need a cufflink modeled and printed [message #62637 is a reply to message #62413 ] Sat, 23 February 2013 02:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Hello

I think I can come up with a "design for printing" that will match the shapes and size in your photo.

I have a few questions. I will send you a private message.

Jeff

Previous Topic:Bring an intricate tattoo to 3D
Next Topic:Miniature Programmable Lighting