Home »  » General Discussion » wall thickness for Stainless steel
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
wall thickness for Stainless steel [message #62406] Tue, 19 February 2013 19:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
If I were considering making a small pendant, under an inch in diameter, would I still be required to make all walls 3mm thick? It seems like it would relly more on proportions to me, but idk.

EDIT: I'm talking about being printed in stainless steel btw Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2013 19:57 UTC]

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: wall thickness for Stainless steel [message #62407 is a reply to message #62406 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 20:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
As it says on the material page
"Walls under 3mm might be printable depending on your design's structure - In general, if your model is well supported (thicker walls weave in with thinner walls), or your thin walls are small relative to your structure (small rings and cufflinks), then you could print down to 1.5mm thin walls. To learn more about this, take a look at the next few design tips."
Under that is a link to the design guidelines which explains how under 3mm is allowable

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: wall thickness for Stainless steel [message #62417 is a reply to message #62407 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 21:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
Thanks, I must have over-looked this Very Happy

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"

Previous Topic:Ship in a bottle
Next Topic:Weekend contest #2

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.