Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AmLachDesigns, Feb 19, 2013.

1. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Type "Bridal Accessory" into the search box (with the double quotes) and you will get 2 items, each tagged with bridal accessory and none with Bridal Accessory (note capitalisation).

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    That's because Bridal Accessory is in the description of the product. The search isn't finding tags. If you go down to the tags of those two products that appear in your search and click on the bridal accessory tag, it will show you all items with that tag. Far from ideal to find what you're looking for.

3. AmLachDesigns
    Wow, I see. So the words from Tags are never used in the search function?

How will the Wedding competition work when you have to combine more than one tag?

I would never have thought to use Tags in that way - can I suggest that their functionality is broadcast/described to the other designers somehow, so that they can be better used?

4. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Actually, as far as I can make out, the tags are used in the search.

For example, searching for czechoslovakia will pick up objects that have that word in a tab, but not in the text.

Apparently, though, the text takes precedence over the tag. The first item shown has the word in the text.

Greetings
    Dragoman

5. AmLachDesigns
    We know the search function is buggy - maybe this works for single words but not tags where there are two or more words? I seem to remember when there was a problem with the Capitalisation of Tags (i.e. valentine search would not pick up Valentine) this was not the case for two-word tags (i.e. red lion would find Red Lion).