Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags [message #62370] Tue, 19 February 2013 11:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Type "Bridal Accessory" into the search box (with the double quotes) and you will get 2 items, each tagged with bridal accessory and none with Bridal Accessory (note capitalisation).
Re: Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags [message #62375 is a reply to message #62370 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 13:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
That's because Bridal Accessory is in the description of the product. The search isn't finding tags. If you go down to the tags of those two products that appear in your search and click on the bridal accessory tag, it will show you all items with that tag. Far from ideal to find what you're looking for.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags [message #62379 is a reply to message #62375 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 14:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow, I see. So the words from Tags are never used in the search function?

How will the Wedding competition work when you have to combine more than one tag?

I would never have thought to use Tags in that way - can I suggest that their functionality is broadcast/described to the other designers somehow, so that they can be better used?
Re: Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags [message #62381 is a reply to message #62379 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 15:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Actually, as far as I can make out, the tags are used in the search.

For example, searching for czechoslovakia will pick up objects that have that word in a tab, but not in the text.

Apparently, though, the text takes precedence over the tag. The first item shown has the word in the text.

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags [message #62385 is a reply to message #62381 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 17:17 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Quote:

For example, searching for czechoslovakia will pick up objects that have that word in a tab, but not in the text.

We know the search function is buggy - maybe this works for single words but not tags where there are two or more words? I seem to remember when there was a problem with the Capitalisation of Tags (i.e. valentine search would not pick up Valentine) this was not the case for two-word tags (i.e. red lion would find Red Lion).

Previous Topic:Model's Shop Section Tags not visible
Next Topic:InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.