Home » Community » It arrived! » Arc Reactor Kit
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Arc Reactor Kit [message #62240] Sun, 17 February 2013 16:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar paulelderdesign  is currently offline paulelderdesign
Go to my shop
Hi guys I'm not sure where to post this but if it gets noticed then it can be removed.

I'm looking for the person who bought my Arc Reactor Kit as I am very interested in feedback. Is there a way of finding out who bought your models? Confused

Regards

Paul
Re: Arc Reactor Kit [message #62256 is a reply to message #62240 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 21:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GADesign  is currently offline GADesign
Go to my shop
We all would like to get some feedback on our models for all kind's of reasons but shapeways isn't offering a feature to contact our customers yet.

I think shapeways users should have a opt in-out for shop owners having the ability to contact them when they've bought something from their shop, users can then buy an item anonimously or not.

A personal thank you for buying my design message would be nice too.

If customers love your products i think they would'nt mind getting in personal contact with the designer behind the product for feedback or just letting them know there are new products in the shop that they may like aswell.

Is this something that shapeways is working on @bartv ?

If it doesn't look good it's not designed by us.
Re: Arc Reactor Kit [message #62263 is a reply to message #62256 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 22:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
In case you haven't seen them, there are a couple different threads already on the subject:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=1 1752&goto=57574#msg_57574
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=7 426&goto=40282#msg_40282

I can see points on both sides of the question.

I recently discovered a mistake in one of my models, and I asked service@shapeways.com to notify the three people who had previously purchased the items to let them know how bad I felt about the mistake, and that the model had been corrected. (to some buyers, accuracy is everything) CS passed it on to them and I still don't know who the buyers were - that's fine with me.

For my own two cents, it's a matter of privacy with me. The LAST thing that I am interested in would be for someone to go on a hard-core marketing campaign, spamming me with "Buy this NEW item from me!" emails every few hours. On every designers page, there is a "contact me" button. If I want to talk to you, I'll use that button. And.. if I am purchasing some necklace as a surprise for my wife, I very well might not want that purchase to be reported up on Facebook. Once Shapeways gives out my contact information to a third party, there's nothing I can do to get it back. I don't want that.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Arc Reactor Kit [message #62268 is a reply to message #62263 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 23:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GADesign  is currently offline GADesign
Go to my shop
I like my privacy aswell so like i said an opt in-out option in the account settings for users to purchase anonymous or not would be nice.

It's common for a webshop to collect contacting information from people who wants to get updates.

Shapeways could also regulate it anonymously
(shop owners can send a mail thrue shapeways or pm to a customer that just bougt youre item or send a little shop update to all the customers once or twice a year)

Any option to stay in contact with customers would be great i think.

If it doesn't look good it's not designed by us.
Re: Arc Reactor Kit [message #62326 is a reply to message #62268 ] Mon, 18 February 2013 16:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar paulelderdesign  is currently offline paulelderdesign
Go to my shop
I'd be happy if the person who bought it was to just post in this thread don't need their contact information just to see how it looks. I'm only going on a render so it's all theory. So far all my scaled models have been recieved well by friends and family and I get to see them. I searched the section of the forum "It arrived" so if the buyer posts there I will thank them personally. Smile

Paul

Previous Topic:N Gauge (1/148) Axbridge Railway station building
Next Topic:I made 3D printed Flying Machine

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.