Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Weekend contest #2
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Weekend contest #2 [message #62142] Fri, 15 February 2013 20:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
It's the weekend again, so how about another fun contest. We liked the suggestions, and will probably use them at some point. This weekend we're keeping it simple again though.

http://images.wikia.com/americandad/images/6/60/Seve_with_Peaniut_Buttehjebfcdsfbgvhrhbv.jpg

A cartoon last night, mixed with a post in the forum today led me to wonder. What would be a good emblem for Shapeways Designers. A badge for a secrete society of cool designers. So a symbol on an item you can wear to recognize other Shapers!

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zdcfux.jpg

How to enter

Model the symbolic item, upload it to your gallery, tag it with 'Weekend Contest: emblem' and post the link and picture here (upload the image, and click 'Insert image into message body' to embed it in your forum message).

Who wins?

You decide! Visit the model that you like most, and add it to your favorites. The model with the most votes wins.

What's the prize?

Eternal fame! Kudos from the Shapeways team! Riches! Okay, well, the winner will get a $25 gift certificate.

That's all?

Yep, grab a drink, goof around in your favorite modeling app this weekend and have fun!

Mike

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 20:41 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62291 is a reply to message #62142 ] Mon, 18 February 2013 08:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming is currently online UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
I wanted to do something with owls in connection with the Shapeways logo so I came up with this Pendant Of The Shapers.

In this design the six abstract owls surround the six sided star found on the Shapeways logo and the profile of the star can be seen in the center when looking at it straight on.

Good way to get the point across for the contest Mike. Owls have always been a symbol of wisdom, probably cuz they can see and hunt at night. The word occult means hidden or secret and owls can see what is hidden or secret from most. I find the subject of secret societies very fascinating. What do they know I always ask myself. Smile

http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_929678_822094_1361171254.jpg

http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_929678_822095_1361171171.jpg

http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_929678_822096_1361171182.jpg

Hope you like it! Very Happy

James

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing.  

James
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62324 is a reply to message #62142 ] Mon, 18 February 2013 16:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Wow that's great!

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62325 is a reply to message #62142 ] Mon, 18 February 2013 16:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice entry! I'd like to see more ideas, so we're extending one more day. As some have a 3 day weekend.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62337 is a reply to message #62325 ] Mon, 18 February 2013 21:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the compliments! Very Happy

I guess in order to get a lot of entries the prize would have to be bumped up like the iPhone case contest. I hope someone else makes an entry! Laughing

Come on Glenn I know you can beat this! Laughing

James
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62362 is a reply to message #62142 ] Tue, 19 February 2013 06:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cwestbrook  is currently offline cwestbrook
Go to my shop
It's still Monday in San Francisco, so hope this isn't too late Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=27612&private=0

http://shpws.me/nlpq

My design is inspired by the knowledge and enlightenment the Eye of Ra can represent, as 3D printing will hopefully add such to the world.

I also incorporated the mysterious pyramid (incorporated as a moving part that will dangle in most materials), which few think they're sure how the pyramids were made, just like many 3D printed objects!

• Attachment: eye2.jpg
    (Size: 68.05KB, Downloaded 139 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2013 06:20 UTC]

Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62488 is a reply to message #62142 ] Wed, 20 February 2013 20:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Alright, after counting the votes and observing all the entries, I've come to the conclusion that this contest wasn't as successful. So with my magical Moderator powers, I take one prize, turn it into 2, and you both win!

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62490 is a reply to message #62488 ] Wed, 20 February 2013 20:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That's great news! HAHAHA! Laughing

I love the Eye of Ra entry too! I've always wondered if comet Hale-bopp had a connection to the origin of this eye symbology. Very Happy

Thanks again!

James
Re: Weekend contest #2 [message #62493 is a reply to message #62488 ] Wed, 20 February 2013 20:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cwestbrook  is currently offline cwestbrook
Go to my shop
Yay for magical powers!

So I totally didn't even realize weekend contests existed until I accidentally stumbled across this thread while checking to see when the big wedding stuff contest ended. Maybe make a mention on the blog or twitter for mini contests?

Thanks for the compliment UniverseBecoming I like yours too, nice flow!

And thanks Youknowwho4eva for trying new contests out! Smile

~Christina

Previous Topic:wall thickness for Stainless steel
Next Topic:Does the customer really need to be refunded if there is an error...