Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Using Instancing in VRML files allowed?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Instancing in VRML files allowed? [message #62061] Thu, 14 February 2013 16:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
Hello,

I have a question about the Process and VRML files.

I Uploaded a VRML file, replacing an older Model. Because off filesize I used the Instancing of VRML usung the "USE" Statement.
After Uploading the file I got a Mail
But with no further information.
Also my Model page was away.
So I uploaded the Model again without the USE statement. Everything was fine, I Orderd.
Some hours later I Got a mail ...

Two Question:
1. Is it Good or not Good to use the USE Statement in VRML.
2. For interest: Was the model manualy rework?

The Model is not public visible. So I want post a link here ... but if you have access to my models it was XmasPrintTestALU 1.0 (I wanted replace my old test print file with new cool Product-Test Wink )
Re: Using Instancing in VRML files allowed? [message #62064 is a reply to message #62061 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi!

Before I forward your question to Customer Service, can you clarify a little bit about what you are asking?

What was your second email? That it was fine to print?

Please also note that the image takes a moment to re-fresh when you have updated the STL file.

Best,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Using Instancing in VRML files allowed? [message #62066 is a reply to message #62064 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 17:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
Yup after 8 hours I got the 2nd mail an the Model was ready to Print.
In this time it was complettly gone of the site "My Models".

So I upladed a version without VRML-Instancing, and this Version was ready in Minutes, like normal.
Re: Using Instancing in VRML files allowed? [message #62109 is a reply to message #62061 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Great!

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:PM improvement
Next Topic:Model's Shop Section Tags not visible

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.