Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Smooth out the SLS parts... any home solutions? Vibratory Tumbler?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Smooth out the SLS parts... any home solutions? Vibratory Tumbler? [message #61763] Sun, 10 February 2013 23:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar fly2future  is currently offline fly2future
Go to all my models
Has anybody tried smoothing out their SLS parts? maybe using a Vibratory Tumbler? is this a process you want to attempt at home or is it way too messy, health hazardous, etc.?

I do not want to hand sand the parts, would take way too long.

thank you!
Re: Smooth out the SLS parts... any home solutions? Vibratory Tumbler? [message #61772 is a reply to message #61763 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 05:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mburkey  is currently offline mburkey
Go to all my models
I've learned if your subject has lots of detail and inaccessible surfaces, you're better off going with WSF Polished or Frosted Detail. Best home solution is called 'elbow grease.' I've had good results with a spray can of Gunze Sanyo primer followed by sanding, etc. etc. till I get it where I want it. If you insist that it be perfect, get a set of putty blates/knives or whatever they're called. Of course, you risk losing the smaller detail. The good news is that the material can take some rough handling.

Previous Topic:Glueing metal to SWF?
Next Topic:Creating threaded holes for screws