Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Ball Jointed Doll, modeler needed, preferably not too expensive
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ball Jointed Doll, modeler needed, preferably not too expensive [message #61736] Sun, 10 February 2013 14:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Chiichanny  is currently offline Chiichanny
Go to all my models
Hello there, i am looking to have a Ball jointed doll, BJD, printed of my own design.
i would try and do this myself but i am not experienced in 3D rendering at all XD

The doll will be 65cm tall, Hollow on the inside (Not a solid figure)
the doll will need to have seperated joints (nothing can be stuck together, i need to be able to string her together so she is movable)
there is about 24 pieces involved
she cannot be too thin, some thickness on the hollow parts are required, enough room for 2 thick elastic strings to go though.
she does not need to be overly detailed in features, if you would like to see sketches of my design please ask and i will post them ^^
(sketch now added)

Most of the pieces are pretty much duplicates, for example, once one entire arm is done, you just duplicate the model and flip it to the other side so they are symetrical.
so really you just make up 14 of the pieces, 10 of those pieces are duplicated and flipped.

if anyone is interested in taking on such a task, please let me know and let me know how much it would cost ^^
thank you!

• Attachment: Doll.jpg
    (Size: 384.91KB, Downloaded 72 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2013 17:22 UTC]

Re: Ball Jointed Doll, modeler needed, preferably not too expensive [message #61960 is a reply to message #61736 ] Wed, 13 February 2013 15:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GregMontgomery  is currently offline GregMontgomery
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm a long time CAD/CAM technologist interested in dipping my toes into the maker movement. It would be fun for me to do the modeling of the doll and my kids would think it was great.

I'll offer to do it for $100 ( no idea of rates around here ) mostly for the fun of it and because the doll looks cool. If you're interested let me know what format you need the files in.

Regards,

Greg

Chiichanny wrote on Sun, 10 February 2013 14:32

Hello there, i am looking to have a Ball jointed doll, BJD, printed of my own design.
i would try and do this myself but i am not experienced in 3D rendering at all XD

The doll will be 65cm tall, Hollow on the inside (Not a solid figure)
the doll will need to have seperated joints (nothing can be stuck together, i need to be able to string her together so she is movable)
there is about 24 pieces involved
she cannot be too thin, some thickness on the hollow parts are required, enough room for 2 thick elastic strings to go though.
she does not need to be overly detailed in features, if you would like to see sketches of my design please ask and i will post them ^^
(sketch now added)

Most of the pieces are pretty much duplicates, for example, once one entire arm is done, you just duplicate the model and flip it to the other side so they are symetrical.
so really you just make up 14 of the pieces, 10 of those pieces are duplicated and flipped.

if anyone is interested in taking on such a task, please let me know and let me know how much it would cost ^^
thank you!

Previous Topic:Artist/Company needed for Statue/Maquette 3d Printing and Paint/Finishing (1/6th scale)
Next Topic:3D Sanskrit Torus Modeler needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.