Ambition 3d model for a new user

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 300813_deleted, Feb 9, 2013.

1. HI

I'm new at 3d Models for 3D printers.

As my first model I'm looking into doing a 3D model of a car, using a blue print and 3D blender.

Just womder is this to ambition?

Has anyone done a 3D model of a car, using 3D blender and any problems experianced.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Personally, I find that the front top surface of automobiles are very hard to get correct.
    Certainly, there are plenty of people here that can do it right. I'm just trying to say that if its your first project, it may be a bit ambitious for you.

When starting out, apply the KISS rule: Keep It Super Simple

Your FIRST lessons should be in how to do a boolean join and a boolean subtract of two primitve objects, say a cube and a sphere.
    Then work to "slightly more complex" models from there. <grin>

3. Thanks for that.

I'm researching the internet for a more simpler project.

4. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Start with basic tutorials and I recommend you first to learn to draw, search scribd for " Perspective made easy" Ernest N. .

You must be able to draw a car so you can make it in 3D correctly or you end like 3 months of modeling.

Either way learning to draw from books form Andrew Loomis , Ernest N. etc will help you kill the wasted time.

Start with easy projects.

5. I am new at 3D printing too. I have been modeling with a Blender for a couple of months but all that I have been doing to reach my goal is :

1) search tutorials how to model with a software that u want ( Google, Youtube, Vimeo..other experience)
    2) try to model simple things
    3) download other creators work and open it with software that u are working with and analyze them to understand how other create it .
    4) get a good understanding about 3D printing specifics (it is not so simple as it looks at first glance, but when u got the idea it flows fluently)
    5) try to send your model for an experts on 3D printing and get advice from them
    6) try to prepare your model for 3D printing and see what you get :)

Good luck !