Home » Community » General Discussion » Thickness of rings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Thickness of rings [message #61635] Fri, 08 February 2013 21:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
What's the typical thickness of a ring to be worn on someone's finger? i'm looking to design a size 7.5 ring for a special someone and could use some help.
thanks!

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Thickness of rings [message #61653 is a reply to message #61635 ] Sat, 09 February 2013 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Silver shopping mall rings are 1mm thick, but 2mm will last longer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Thickness of rings [message #61668 is a reply to message #61635 ] Sat, 09 February 2013 14:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
the other jewelers I've talked to suggest no thnner than 1.5 for women and 2mm for men.. but 2mm is the overall standard for a comfortable shank thickness... and if you want to make it even more comfortable, then I would model a "comfort fit" style shank. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Thickness of rings [message #61694 is a reply to message #61668 ] Sat, 09 February 2013 21:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Yeah, the 1mm i mentioned earlier was from some rings I purchased years ago at the mall and those measure 1mm with my micrometer. I don't like going any less them 2mm and most of my rings are 2.5mm-3mm but thats just my personal preference. The rings will last longer and wont bend from use over time. You'll be perfectly fine with a 2mm minimum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:Prints one day... Errors the next?
Next Topic:Wired 3-DPrint-Off