Home » Community » General Discussion » new puzzle: the nodebox
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
new puzzle: the nodebox [message #61542] Thu, 07 February 2013 20:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar animaniac  is currently offline animaniac
Go to my shop
hi, I designed a new puzzle I called the nodebox. it's made of 12 parts, with 3 types of parts and 4 colors. here's where it gets tricky: to get a complete puzzle, I designed 2 different sets of parts available in my shop, with 2 units of each needed. so 4 sets in total, each in a different color. I have 2 questions:

- are the instructions to get a full set too complex?

- a puzzle would be about 80€, is it too expensive for a 6 cm large puzzle?

the puzzle is supposed to be a box that can only be assembled in a precise order. I am waiting for the parts, I'll come back as soon as the puzzle is validated!
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62134 is a reply to message #61542 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 19:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
it's live! I received and assemble the prototype, and it performed as intended (as in deceivingly simple and fiendishly difficult). I updated my shop with items and videos:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/860942/the-impossibox-piece-s et-a-4-sets-needed.html
http://www.shapeways.com/model/860944/the-impossibox-piece-s et-b-4-sets-needed.html

To get a complete puzzle, order 2 piece sets A and 2 piece sets B, in 4 different colors. In the video:

1 white set A
1 blue set A
1 red set B
1 purple set B
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62171 is a reply to message #62134 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 08:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's a great puzzle!

Head over to Shapeways Labs to find out how to add multiple items to the cart all at once using the Product Sets Mod

Paul

[Updated on: Sat, 16 February 2013 08:45 UTC]

Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62176 is a reply to message #62171 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 09:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
whoa, thanks... I actually thought it would be a nice feature but had no idea it existed! I took a look at your shop, do you also know how to add paragraphs to the description?
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62177 is a reply to message #62176 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 10:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
animaniac wrote on Sat, 16 February 2013 09:54

whoa, thanks... I actually thought it would be a nice feature but had no idea it existed! I took a look at your shop, do you also know how to add paragraphs to the description?

Have you disabled the Public View?

For the paragraphs, I use HTML tags <br> (or actually <br><br>), but I'm sure there's a better way.
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62178 is a reply to message #62176 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 10:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
You can pretty much use any html tags for formatting.
Paragraph - <p>texty stuff here</p>
Line break - <br>

Paul
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62180 is a reply to message #62178 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 11:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
it's live! again... thanks for all your help, I added a link to order a complete puzzle. I actually had to create 4 sets, each in a different color, since the Product Sets Mod only considered default material.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/860942/the-impossibox-piece-s et-a-white.html
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62201 is a reply to message #62180 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 20:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
bonus points to anyone guessing the music of the video
Re: new puzzle: the nodebox [message #62600 is a reply to message #62176 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 16:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop

You can also use an online html editor.

http://www.quackit.com/html/online-html-editor/

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign

Previous Topic:Which software programs open .x3db files
Next Topic:Wedding Contest - tags and searches

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.