Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by AmLachDesigns, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Hi,

I made 3 separate orders, with target ship dates of 5th, 7th and 11th. They all shipped on the 4th and arrived to day with no problems (I do not live in Canada).

This is good in one way but kind of frustrating in that they could all have been shipped together and I would have saved 9.86 Eur.

I know this has been discussed before, but are the shipping volumes SO huge that this kind of thing cannot be picked up?

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    There are probably an equal number of people who would WANT separate boxes, so that they could re-ship the products to other customers.

3. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Do you really think so? I would be most interested to find out if this is the case. I'm sure I could buy a small cardboard box for less than 4.93 Eur.

Since all my prints no doubt come from Holland, and since as has been discussed before there is some way of aggregating products in different materials from different sub-contractors which arrive at different times, into one delivery it would not seem a stretch to me from there to consolidate packages.

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Yes, we get loads of requests for this so it's on our roadmap :)

Bart

5. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Consolidation is a good idea. However, Stony's right, some of us want to keep them separate (for various reasons - in my case, as with others, it's because I need to keep the value of each individual parcel below $20, or else UPS slaps me with a brokerage fee). So if this is on your roadmap, please make sure an 'opt-out' option is on it as well.