Home » Support » 3D Printing » Question - 3d detail printing - shapeways
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question - 3d detail printing - shapeways [message #61343] Mon, 04 February 2013 18:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar irokrhus  is currently offline irokrhus
Go to my shop
Hello, I'm an experienced modeler, but new to 3d printing. My friend recommended this website for 3d printing, but my question is, if someone know what is the level of detail while printing off for e.g. a ring in some other material than plastic, or other jewelery. It is only an example. If someone have that knowledge to fill my information gaps, I would be appreciated.

Below I attach a simple example of good level of detail (in my opinion)
What do you think the shapeways printers would be possible to print something like this off with almost the same level of detail?

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/305/rockzonesygnettrupiacza.jpg

Thanks
Mieszko Lacinski

Re: Question - 3d detail printing - shapeways [message #61907 is a reply to message #61343 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 20:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar wiwa  is currently offline wiwa
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Mieszko

That looks like something that will be do-able either in Silver, or Frosted ultra detail plastics. Although the image doesn't have an indicator of scale, so I can't be sure. But as long as the embossed / embedded details have about 1:1 aspect ratio, and above 0.25mm in size, they will work fine.

Best,
William

wiwa

Previous Topic:Printing specific creature figures
Next Topic:Ceramic Room

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.