Home » Community » It arrived! » Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61330] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar DirtModeler  is currently offline DirtModeler
Go to my shop
I emailed about this a week ago now, and the only reply i've gotten was "i've forwarded it on to have it looked at", and "we haven't heard back yet"

This order of FUD turned out terrible, and i have customers chomping at the bit wanting their orders.

I have another $150 order arriving this week, if it's anything like the previous order quality-wise, i'll have to dump Shapeways as a trusted resource.

• Attachment: issue2.jpg
    (Size: 503.68KB, Downloaded 151 time(s))

Re: Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61336 is a reply to message #61330 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Sorry, what is wrong with it?

Bill Bedford
Re: Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61337 is a reply to message #61336 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DirtModeler  is currently offline DirtModeler
Go to my shop
The quality is terrible.

Many of the parts are fused to the sprue, and not separate entities. It looks like giant sugar crystals all over everything glopped in all the recesses.

The finish is like 80 grit sandpaper, and most of the holes are filled in.

completely different altogether from the first shipment i received.

I don't know what it is inside all the recesses, i'm not even sure how to describe it.

It looks like the parts were printed, and then the whole thing was dipped into some really thick solution with big crystals that filled in all the detail and stuck to all the parts.

• Attachment: issue3.jpg
    (Size: 507.75KB, Downloaded 131 time(s))

• Attachment: issue4.jpg
    (Size: 481.58KB, Downloaded 109 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 04 February 2013 17:52 UTC]

Re: Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61338 is a reply to message #61330 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looks like maybe the support material wasn't fully cleaned off. I'll see if I can't dig for some answers.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61344 is a reply to message #61337 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 18:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
DirtModeler wrote on Mon, 04 February 2013 17:42

Many of the parts are fused to the sprue, and not separate entities. It looks like giant sugar crystals all over everything glopped in all the recesses.

Just soak it in nail varnish remover for 10-15 minutes and most od the problem will go.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 February 2013 18:36 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it. [message #61351 is a reply to message #61330 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 20:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
I've checked with the service team and they replied to you on Friday. I know that the production team is looking into the complaint now and you should have an answer soon.

Thank you for your patience!
Natalia

ps- In the meantime, the "goop" is likely the support material, which is wax and you can try removing it like Stony suggested.

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:New jewelry in cool colors!
Next Topic:Vaguely steampunk Valentines Day Related Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.