Terrible FUD quality, no movement in a week on my requests to fix it.

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by DirtModeler, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DirtModeler
    DirtModeler Member
    I emailed about this a week ago now, and the only reply i've gotten was "i've forwarded it on to have it looked at", and "we haven't heard back yet"

This order of FUD turned out terrible, and i have customers chomping at the bit wanting their orders.

I have another $150 order arriving this week, if it's anything like the previous order quality-wise, i'll have to dump Shapeways as a trusted resource.

Attached Files:

2. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Sorry, what is wrong with it?

3. DirtModeler
    DirtModeler Member
    The quality is terrible.

Many of the parts are fused to the sprue, and not separate entities. It looks like giant sugar crystals all over everything glopped in all the recesses.

The finish is like 80 grit sandpaper, and most of the holes are filled in.

completely different altogether from the first shipment i received.

I don't know what it is inside all the recesses, i'm not even sure how to describe it.

It looks like the parts were printed, and then the whole thing was dipped into some really thick solution with big crystals that filled in all the detail and stuck to all the parts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Looks like maybe the support material wasn't fully cleaned off. I'll see if I can't dig for some answers.

5. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Just soak it in nail varnish remover for 10-15 minutes and most od the problem will go.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  6. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    I've checked with the service team and they replied to you on Friday. I know that the production team is looking into the complaint now and you should have an answer soon.

Thank you for your patience!
    Natalia

ps- In the meantime, the "goop" is likely the support material, which is wax and you can try removing it like Stony suggested.