Home » Support » 3D Printing » Dimensions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Dimensions [message #61289] Mon, 04 February 2013 02:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar breiter  is currently offline breiter
Go to all my models
Hello, all. I am very new to shapeways, and I have a possible client that has a question about the dimensions of her product, and I didn't know how to answer her. Long story short, she is making a dress that is going to be 84cm x 57cm x 25cm, but it will only cover the front of a person. Something like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/280419514269638942/ but more of a floral design than a skeletal design. She wanted to know how much it would cost to make via shapeways, but I didn't know how to answer that. If anyone can help, please let me know. I'm thinking she might want to make it with strong, flexible plastic, how much would something like this cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Re: Dimensions [message #61290 is a reply to message #61289 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 03:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Short answer: Very likely more than you want to spend.

To give you an example: the hat below uses 184cm3 of material.
It has a 7" internal diameter and would cost about $275.00 to print at Shapeways.
index.php?t=getfile&id=26648&private=0

• Attachment: Hat.jpg
    (Size: 222.31KB, Downloaded 54 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Dimensions [message #61292 is a reply to message #61290 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 03:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar breiter  is currently offline breiter
Go to all my models
Thank you so much, stonysmith! I will tell the client the bad news, but it's better to know now than later. Again, thank you.

Previous Topic:ORIENTATION: One piece with two faces.
Next Topic:Texture Map size for Full Color Sandstone?