Fairy

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by TurtlesAreCool, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Well, my fairy has arrived. I made the print dangerously thin in a few spots (e.g. the fingers), but the print is good. I am excited to get her painted so I can give her to a co-worker who requested this!

As I discussed in this thread, I have some post-process plans besides painting. We'll see how that goes.

Front (View 1):
    1-front.JPG

Front (View 2):
    2-front.JPG

Back:
    3-back.JPG

2. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Wow! That looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it painted! Excellent job! :D

Ray

3. Here she is, painted. This isn't actually completely done, but we're close. I'm waiting on some terrain enhancements - leaves and moss. I should get those in a week or two. I may make a few touch-ups after I've let it be for a few days.

I think I'm happy with this overall. I ended up not doing something special to the wings, because I couldn't find something viscous enough to fill in the gaps in the wings. I think it looks good as-is.

Thoughts?

03_in_progress_combined.JPG

4. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it with your terrain additions. Personally I think it was a good choice leaving the wings open and just painting them.

5. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    :thumbsup:

6. Ronsaki
    Ronsaki Well-Known Member
    Amazing work!

What is the material?

7. Thanks. The material is WSF (unpolished).