Bounding Box too small

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 297669_deleted, Jan 29, 2013.

1. After uploading I got a message back from Shapeways saying the bounding box is too small. My object/model is smaller than the minimum constraints in at least two dimensions, but I'm assuming there's a way to create a bounding box around the object that won't print, but serve solely to represent the total area of the model including the surrounding "blank" space.

I'm using Blender and can't find the solution in any tutorial. Can I just create a cube around my object that doesn't have any faces (i.e. vertices only)?

I heard something about an exterior box wireframe mode? Not sure what that means. I just don't want to box to receive a print of a giant box with my model inside.

My model is 45mm x 19mm x 6mm

Here's the email:
    Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic.

The 3D model HatchetFinal you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing.

Your model was too small for any of our 3D Printers.

Our printers have a minimum bounding box size (h x w x d) of 0.25 x 0.25 x 0.25 cm / 0.098 x 0.098 x 0.098 inches.

2. Nevermind, got it figured out. I had a simple scaling error.

3. If you are using Unit scene measurements export as a dae