Home » Community » Introductions » I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #60970] Mon, 28 January 2013 17:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar coollynx  is currently offline coollynx
Go to all my models
I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. For now, I first need to get 3D software uploaded. What software works well and is preferably free?Thats all for now.
Re: I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #60975 is a reply to message #60970 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 19:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #60998 is a reply to message #60970 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 22:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
If you have a paint program that can save a black and white jpeg you can begin immediately, well give or take a few minutes
http://www.shapeways.com/creator/2d_to_3d/
I like the combo of Blender and GIMP. Gimp for paint capabilities, and svg exports, Blender as a good all around modelling platform with decent export/import setup and several tools that are of great use creating a model for 3D printing .Sketchup I am beginning to admire.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #61003 is a reply to message #60970 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 23:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar patrickownzya  is currently offline patrickownzya
Go to my shop
Hi Coollynx,

I prefer using Blender 3D, which is open source and free to use. If you get used to the hotkeys you'll be making stuff in no time. It also has lots of tutorials on how to use it.

Re: I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #61050 is a reply to message #61003 ] Wed, 30 January 2013 02:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coollynx  is currently offline coollynx
Go to all my models
Ok, thanks for the recommendation. Now where do I find this software and the tutorials?
Re: I'm just getting started and need all the help and input I can get. [message #61056 is a reply to message #61050 ] Wed, 30 January 2013 03:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
Blender.org
I use this too, Actually I prefer this to the paid softwares. I think like the others said there are tons of info on it.. Youtube it. the latest version at this point is Blender 2.65 I think. So when you search on youtube be sure to search the type you download.

Tj Solo

Previous Topic:Working on my first model!
Next Topic:Nixon75 from Italy

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.