Home » Community » Work in progress » From Sketch to Reality
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
From Sketch to Reality [message #60844] Sat, 26 January 2013 15:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I made this sketch the other day. I'm going to turn it into a vector drawing so it can be used to emboss or engrave something. After that, I'm not sure what I should do with it.

What do you think?

(Note - the design will be symmetrical. I'm right-handed, so the right side of the drawing always looks better than the left. That's why I often don't bother to draw both sides when it is symmetrical)

index.php?t=getfile&id=26188&private=0

• Attachment: 1-angel.JPG
    (Size: 96.56KB, Downloaded 343 time(s))

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #60868 is a reply to message #60844 ] Sat, 26 January 2013 23:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, I turned it into a vector and produced this as a test. I made the design a bit deeper than necessary, to account for polishing.

Thoughts on other ways I could use this?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/891968/
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61756 is a reply to message #60868 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I made another version of this, except with more sword.

I think I'll try out the FCS material with it. Any thoughts? Should I make it a flat object with thickness (i.e. something that you might hang as a decoration) or something else?

index.php?t=getfile&id=27021&private=0

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61826 is a reply to message #61756 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 21:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
I really like the render with the sword. very awesome design.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61849 is a reply to message #61826 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming is currently online UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yeah I like it too! This would look great as a flat bas relief Christmas ornament!

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62113 is a reply to message #60844 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Wow! Looks great Smile

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62117 is a reply to message #62113 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks, all.

I haven't tried the FCS print yet, but here's my quickie paint job on the test print I got the other day. I think it looks pretty good, although it lost some detail because I had to make the engraving shallower due to wall thickness issues. Personally, this is small enough that I think it would have been fine and was willing to accept the risk of a poor print, but w/e. I was breaking the rules pretty badly in this case. Very Happy
index.php?t=getfile&id=27356&private=0

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62119 is a reply to message #62117 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming is currently online UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Keep up the great work! Looking good! Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Stainless Steel Thin Sections Suggestions?
Next Topic:my first try at this check it out

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.