Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60784] Fri, 25 January 2013 18:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar nxthxn  is currently offline nxthxn
Go to all my models
Hi everyone,

I need some adjustments to the wall thickness in a piece of jewelry that I am trying to print. It printed once and was rejected once, so I think the adjustments would be fairly minor. Please get in touch if you are interested and I'll explain more.

Thanks!
Nathan
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60788 is a reply to message #60784 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 19:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gafsadesign  is currently offline gafsadesign
Go to my shop
hello please contact me wassymj89@gmail.com
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60807 is a reply to message #60784 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 22:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
Just curious as to why it was rejected? and why it would have printed one time already

Tj Solo
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60808 is a reply to message #60807 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 22:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Apparently it is on the border of being dangerously too thin...the first time it slipped through the inspection process and printed ok, the second time it was caught. As shapeways explained, even though it might be possible to print as is, when they are running multiple models at once, they need to minimize the possibility of one model within the run failing.
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60812 is a reply to message #60808 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ohh OK guess that makes since. Where you able to get it fixed?

Tj Solo
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60964 is a reply to message #60812 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 16:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I was able to, thanks TJ
Re: Modeler needed for adjustments to an OBJ file [message #60965 is a reply to message #60964 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 16:42 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
No problem Smile

Tj Solo

Previous Topic:star wars 1/48 gonk droid wanted
Next Topic:Case design for RC Model Stabilizer Product

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.