Shapeways blog issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Jan 23, 2013.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Generally, I'll sign into Shapeways and head to the forums, I'll also open the blog in a new tab.

If I see that there's nothing new on the blog, I'll close the tab... and that's when weirdness kicks in.

I have clicking on a link, a new browser session or new tab opening set up so that I hear a click - Shapeways blog page has a contiunal stream of clicks until the full page has loaded (I think this is the Facebook stuff attached to every truncated blog post), obviously I can see that the top blog post was the same as last time but the clicking is still happening and when the tab closes an new one lanches straight away, so I'll close the browser... but if I also have another browser session going on that may have FB stuff on it too, a new tab opens in that window with Shapeways blog, and a stream of clicks, even if I kill that tab, a new one opens.

(please don't suggest using an alternative broswer, I am comfortable with what I have)

Paul

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Which browser are you using?

3. stop4stuff
    IE8 on XP - as stated in the topic description

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Ah.. I tend come to the forums from Google Reader, and I rarely see the Topic Description.

5. stop4stuff
    addendum to the orignial issue - Topic Description is not always visable, please add topic desription to opening post as seen when viewing a thread ;)