Home » Community » General Discussion » Also in this week's news
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Also in this week's news [message #60606] Wed, 23 January 2013 21:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
"When you buy some beef at the butcher's, you know it comes from cattle that once mooed and chewed.

But imagine if this cut of meat, just perfect for your Sunday dinner, had been made from scratch - without slaughtering any animal.

US start-up Modern Meadow believes it can do just that - by making artificial raw meat using a 3D bioprinter.
"

Read more at - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20972018

(wouldn't it be easier to use the gloopiness in cows stomachs that convert grass to meat and use a highly modified lawn mower that spits out meat from grass, or is that just a sheep on a rope?)

Paul

Re: Also in this week's news [message #60624 is a reply to message #60606 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 22:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
* with great stealth sneaks up on Paul with a large butterfly net*

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Also in this week's news [message #60626 is a reply to message #60624 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 22:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Paul deftly dons a butterfly hat, a pair of sandals with a 3D printed base and origami tyvek butterflies and hopes his beard hides him amongst the sheep Razz

Previous Topic:And in this week's news
Next Topic:WSF thinner than 0.7mm ?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.