Home »  » 3D Printing » No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab. [message #60359] Thu, 17 January 2013 14:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar emilkarlsson  is currently offline emilkarlsson
Go to all my models
Hello, i have problems with my texture coordinates when im export .wrl form meshlab. It looks perfect in meshlab but when i uppload it to shapeways it looks like the texture gets planar projected on to the surface.

My workflow.
I use maya to export an .obj.
I open the .obj in meshlab and everything looks fine. The textures is linked and the UV's are the same.
I export it as .wrl with "color" and "TextCoord". (The .wrl links to the right texture when i open it with a text edit and it also contains "coordIndex" which i assume is the uv placement).
When i upload it to shapeways the texture is all wonky. It looks like it is just projected on from an axis.

I have tried so many thing but i do not know what i am doing wrong.
Am i missing something?

/Emil
Re: No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab. [message #60363 is a reply to message #60359 ] Thu, 17 January 2013 15:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
This can happen as a result of two (or more) shells being boolean merged by Shapeways Mesh Medic software at upload, afaik, the solution is to boolean merge the shells before applying the UV map - NetFabb Cloud Service does a good job of boolean merging.

Paul

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2013 15:28 UTC]

Re: No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab. [message #60374 is a reply to message #60359 ] Thu, 17 January 2013 22:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Just select the tex coordinate option. Wrl's are weird, seems to me they will only transfer one of these, vert paint, material diffuse color or a uv texture info. I guess with you also selecting color is causing the odd projection of the texture on your model. Of course a boolean union will mess up a uv map, as Paul stated.Ruins the UV coordinate values.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material?
Next Topic:Does shapeways glaze the ceramics?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.