Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models

Discussion in 'Materials' started by fakebusker83, Jan 16, 2013.

1. fakebusker83
    fakebusker83 Member
    Hi guys,

I am quite eager to try out Full Colour Sandstone, but I'm inexperienced with using texture maps (for now.). As a workaround to that, I composed my model as several intersecting pieces and I assigned a flat colour to each piece. I exported the model in .wrl and uploaded it.

All seemed well when I uploaded it, and as you can see from the shot below, the static preview showed the model coloured as intended. However, the spinning preview showed the model as mostly gray, with some pieces in purple.

As I missing something? Which preview can I be assured of to be the accurate result? Has anyone here used Rhino3D for this purpose before?
    I am specifically using the Mac Os X version of Rhino.

Also, as an experiment, I tried assigning a BRIGHT NEON PINK colour to all pieces of the model and uploaded it. This time, both previews reflected the pink accurately. I apologise I don't have a screenshot of it, but you can take my word for it. This is really odd, since I used the same method of assigning colours both times.

Help with this will be much appreciated!

Screen shot 2013-01-16 at PM 08.06.45 (2).png

- busker

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    All will be well when the static preview shows the right colors. A software update
    to fix the texturing problems in the 3d spinning preview appears to be in the works
    (last thread about this must have been sometime in late november or early december)

3. fakebusker83
    fakebusker83 Member
    Ahh... I see. Thanks for the reply! It really helped!

- busker

4. pbourke
    pbourke Member
    Having the same issue. Looks right in static view, wrong colours in interactive view.
    Still not fixed!
    Really annoying since one does not know which representation to trust ... or in my case spend hundreds of dollars one.