Home » Support » 3D Printing » Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models [message #60294] Wed, 16 January 2013 12:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar fakebusker83  is currently offline fakebusker83
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi guys,

I am quite eager to try out Full Colour Sandstone, but I'm inexperienced with using texture maps (for now.). As a workaround to that, I composed my model as several intersecting pieces and I assigned a flat colour to each piece. I exported the model in .wrl and uploaded it.

All seemed well when I uploaded it, and as you can see from the shot below, the static preview showed the model coloured as intended. However, the spinning preview showed the model as mostly gray, with some pieces in purple.

As I missing something? Which preview can I be assured of to be the accurate result? Has anyone here used Rhino3D for this purpose before?
I am specifically using the Mac Os X version of Rhino.

Also, as an experiment, I tried assigning a BRIGHT NEON PINK colour to all pieces of the model and uploaded it. This time, both previews reflected the pink accurately. I apologise I don't have a screenshot of it, but you can take my word for it. This is really odd, since I used the same method of assigning colours both times.

Help with this will be much appreciated!

index.php?t=getfile&id=25697&private=0

- busker

Re: Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models [message #60296 is a reply to message #60294 ] Wed, 16 January 2013 12:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
All will be well when the static preview shows the right colors. A software update
to fix the texturing problems in the 3d spinning preview appears to be in the works
(last thread about this must have been sometime in late november or early december)
Re: Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models [message #60343 is a reply to message #60296 ] Thu, 17 January 2013 07:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fakebusker83  is currently offline fakebusker83
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Ahh... I see. Thanks for the reply! It really helped!

- busker
Re: Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models [message #63178 is a reply to message #60296 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 13:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pbourke  is currently offline pbourke
Go to my shop
Having the same issue. Looks right in static view, wrong colours in interactive view.
Still not fixed!
Really annoying since one does not know which representation to trust ... or in my case spend hundreds of dollars one.

Paul Bourke
Research Associate Professor
Director, iVEC @ University of Western Australia
Email: paul.bourke@gmail.com
Office phone: 61 8 6488 8097
Mobile: 04 3333 8325
http://paulbourke.net

Previous Topic:Blender .x3d and Full Colour Sanstone (FCS)
Next Topic:Shapeways Test - silver ring -

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.