Home » Community » It arrived! » First 3d print - light switch plate
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
First 3d print - light switch plate [message #60245] Tue, 15 January 2013 05:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar RogerN  is currently offline RogerN
Go to all my models
I was very pleased to receive the results of my first stab at 3d printing. For some reason the concept just excites me. At first I couldn't decide what I wanted to print... then I got the idea to design a custom light switch plate for our downstairs bathroom. The room already has an Asian theme as it contains some souvenirs time spent in China.

IMO it came out great, though I admit I have pretty low standards for this sort of thing, as I'm more of a geek than an artist Smile

Alas, there's a small gap at the left edge of the light switch plate where it doesn't quite cover the hole for the switches... not sure what I'll do about that, if anything. It's my own fault for not measuring the hole behind the original switch plate more closely.

The unpainted light switch plate (2 parts):
index.php?t=getfile&id=25600&private=0

Drying:
index.php?t=getfile&id=25601&private=0

Finally installed:
index.php?t=getfile&id=25602&private=0

Re: First 3d print - light switch plate [message #60267 is a reply to message #60245 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 19:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
That is some cool customizing you did here !

Karen & Wesley - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: First 3d print - light switch plate [message #60331 is a reply to message #60245 ] Thu, 17 January 2013 01:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
sweeet!

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: First 3d print - light switch plate [message #60457 is a reply to message #60331 ] Sun, 20 January 2013 22:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
flippin' sweet!

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways
Re: First 3d print - light switch plate [message #60460 is a reply to message #60457 ] Mon, 21 January 2013 05:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
That looks fantastic!

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway

Previous Topic:Polo Shift by ALEX and OSKAR
Next Topic:Sierpinski tetrahedron of Love...