Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business)

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 287726_deleted, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hi everyone, I just came into contact with this wonderful website and have been pondering on this technology for a while.
    I always figured that 3D printing equipment wouldn't be accessible or affordable for years to come .
    Does anyone have prices for these machines? I'm interested in starting a independant small business from home.
    I want to learn how to design on AutoCad to sell my own printed pieces online.

Can anyone help me with any advice to make this idea a reality?
    I'm looking to create some really interesting 3D prints on various materials
    Aside from the fascination It would be fantastic to be able to pay my tuition as I go along my studies through a business like this.

I like the technology but I really don't know where to start.
    Cheers guys, thank you for reading this post.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Why buy a printer, when we have them for you? You can buy printers for under $1000 now but you won't be able to to multiple materials on that budget. I'm sure google can help you find them.

3. Thank you for your reply!
    I figured it would be much more difficult to find on google.

Ok, so does that mean I would just have to upload/send Shapeways a design of mine, whether a AutoCAD file or model sketch with material information, and I could sell my items from your website?

Forgive me for the ignorance, I find it easier to ask those with experience than reading a whole bunch of pages when my time is limited as a full time student.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    No need to read a bunch of pages, all summed up in one image
    [​IMG]
    So to answer you question, in short, Yes.

5. Wow so simple! Amazing. Thank you very much! :)

All I need now is to either hire a 3D modeller or learn how to do it myself.
    Anybody for hire? Please let me know your prices anybody reading.

Cheers! and Respect!

6. Youknowwho4eva
    We make that easy also, we have a Modeler needed section and a modeler for hire section of our forum. And if you want to learn, we have a list of software that you can use, and some links to sites to help you start with them. And we also have creators that are easy to use to make great prints.