Home » Community » Introductions » Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon3.gif  Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60235] Tue, 15 January 2013 01:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar wayuumaking  is currently offline wayuumaking
Go to all my models
Hi everyone, I just came into contact with this wonderful website and have been pondering on this technology for a while.
I always figured that 3D printing equipment wouldn't be accessible or affordable for years to come .
Does anyone have prices for these machines? I'm interested in starting a independant small business from home.
I want to learn how to design on AutoCad to sell my own printed pieces online.

Can anyone help me with any advice to make this idea a reality?
I'm looking to create some really interesting 3D prints on various materials
Aside from the fascination It would be fantastic to be able to pay my tuition as I go along my studies through a business like this.

I like the technology but I really don't know where to start.
Cheers guys, thank you for reading this post.
Re: Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60260 is a reply to message #60235 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Why buy a printer, when we have them for you? You can buy printers for under $1000 now but you won't be able to to multiple materials on that budget. I'm sure google can help you find them.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60280 is a reply to message #60260 ] Wed, 16 January 2013 01:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you for your reply!
I figured it would be much more difficult to find on google.

Ok, so does that mean I would just have to upload/send Shapeways a design of mine, whether a AutoCAD file or model sketch with material information, and I could sell my items from your website?

Forgive me for the ignorance, I find it easier to ask those with experience than reading a whole bunch of pages when my time is limited as a full time student.
Re: Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60300 is a reply to message #60235 ] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
No need to read a bunch of pages, all summed up in one image
http://www.shapeways.com/topics/udesign/about/how_does_it_work/shapeways_process.jpg
So to answer you question, in short, Yes.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60435 is a reply to message #60300 ] Sun, 20 January 2013 01:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Wow so simple! Amazing. Thank you very much! Smile

All I need now is to either hire a 3D modeller or learn how to do it myself.
Anybody for hire? Please let me know your prices anybody reading.

Cheers! and Respect!
Re: Hi! So excited! (Noob) (Advice Request) (I'd like to start a 3D Printing Business) [message #60489 is a reply to message #60435 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 02:26 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
We make that easy also, we have a Modeler needed section and a modeler for hire section of our forum. And if you want to learn, we have a list of software that you can use, and some links to sites to help you start with them. And we also have creators that are easy to use to make great prints.

Previous Topic:Hi Everyone!!
Next Topic:Hi folks, newbie here

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.