Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Very disappointed with my latest prints.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60042] Fri, 11 January 2013 18:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar AM3D  is currently offline AM3D
Go to my shop
A very bad experience with my latest prints. My order was for 3 prints ordered on Dec 22 and were supposed to arrive on January 2nd, Arrived on Jan 11. Then to top it all I received bad prints! Worst of all was my Quake Cuff link which is badly misshapen bent and just horrible. Slightly less twisted and bent was my Quake Excellent Award ring. And finally my Cocker spaniel pendant damaged on rear of print. I ordered white fine detail and except for my ring was not impressed with the fine detail at all! Delivering damaged goods is not very inspiring. These were a test print for silver, now that would have been a major disappointment if they were to turn out like these! Mad See attached pics.
index.php?t=getfile&id=25457&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=25458&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=25459&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=25460&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=25461&private=0

Re: Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60043 is a reply to message #60042 ] Fri, 11 January 2013 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Hopefully you have already emailed service? If not, do that, as those prints don't look good.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60044 is a reply to message #60043 ] Fri, 11 January 2013 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@Youknowwho4eva, Thanks, I've just sent them a message. We'll see if I can get this resolved. Confused
Re: Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60045 is a reply to message #60044 ] Fri, 11 January 2013 19:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
On the cocker spaniel, where you say there is a chunk missing.. that appears to be missing from the default Shapeways render as well. Is it possible that the area was a separate shell? In particular, if you have a shell with inverted normals, it may display properly in your editor, but MeshMedic is going to remove that shell.

I'm not saying that it happened in this case, but you should always take a close look at the default Shapeways render.. if it's not right, then you can't assume the print be correct.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60059 is a reply to message #60045 ] Fri, 11 January 2013 23:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@stonysmith, Yes I've checked the original model and it appears that there is a depression there, so that kinda explains the front and will have to be remodeled. But as for the rear of the pendant it is messed up. And I believe that with the others, shouldn't have left the "factory of the future" in that state. As you can see the cufflink is all bent and misshapen with very visible print lines which I did not expect for fine detail. The ring also has one side of the ring band bent out of shape too when compared to the good side. I just think that whom ever was on quality control that day took the day off! Sad
Re: Very disappointed with my latest prints. [message #60263 is a reply to message #60059 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 16:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thought I'd post an update.... Shapeways has offered to reprint these for me Very Happy So I'll find out on the 25th of Jan if they'll be better printed. Here's hoping for the best. Smile
Now very happy with my prints. [message #60568 is a reply to message #60042 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 12:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've had my prints done for free and they arrived ahead of time. Very Happy Was scheduled for 25th but UPS said would be on 18th, we've had very bad snow around here so delivery was postponed by UPS and arrived on 21st so still good. Took about 10 days I think. I'm very happy with these prints they turned out great, I only hope future orders will meet this same standard. Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=26003&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=26004&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=26005&private=0

Re: Now very happy with my prints. [message #65464 is a reply to message #60568 ] Thu, 04 April 2013 02:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SantaStephen  is currently offline SantaStephen
Go to my shop
Love the dog print. Can you please advise how you modeled that item? What SW?

the Fabled Santa http://www.FabledSanta.com

Previous Topic:3D Relief Framed Micro-Paintings
Next Topic:Orange Lantern Rings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.