Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D modeler needed to create pendant
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #59966] Thu, 10 January 2013 11:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar GreenApples  is currently offline GreenApples
Go to all my models
I created a 3D model as a gift for my girlfriend, but the detail level is too high.
Would somebody be able to help me with that?

http://shpws.me/n6Kh

Edit: would like to print in silver

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2013 11:55 UTC]

icon4.gif  Re: 3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #59967 is a reply to message #59966 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 12:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gafsadesign  is currently offline gafsadesign
Go to my shop
what you mean ?
Re: 3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #59968 is a reply to message #59967 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 12:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GreenApples  is currently offline GreenApples
Go to all my models
I mean that when i ordered the model, I got an email saying that the details were too small to print, so I think there must be some details that are too small, but I'm not sure which ones.
Re: 3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #59969 is a reply to message #59968 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 12:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gafsadesign  is currently offline gafsadesign
Go to my shop
ok contact me this is my mail wassymj89@gmail.com
i want the stl file send it
Re: 3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #60076 is a reply to message #59966 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 13:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar modelmonk  is currently offline modelmonk
Go to my shop
Hello,

I saw your design and i think it would be easy for me to reduce the polygon count for me.

you can check out my models on my shop or here: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Modelmonk
Re: 3D modeler needed to create pendant [message #60102 is a reply to message #59966 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 22:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Green what is happening is that your model has 34 shells, some are which are very small. When SW's Mesh medic tries to boolean union them into 1 mesh, the smaller pieces of the topo map get ignored, then it tries to print the tiny details as a single object.(Thus detail too small comment. You could try using Netfabb's cloud service(free) for stls to boolean all the shells together.It can handle small shells better.
The landscape emboss was ok, around .37mm. The engraved font was not deep enough, .250mm. Min is .3mm for silver. The part the chain will go through needs to be a solid, now it is not manifold, you need this for a boolean union. With this info you should be able to fix it yourself. If not pm me the image of the landscape you used, or I will just walk you through what you need to fix it.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:3D Modeler needed to create necklace and bracelet
Next Topic:3D Modeler needed for a Green Lantern ring