Home »  » Introductions » New member with questions!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New member with questions! [message #59875] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar SmoothJewels  is currently offline SmoothJewels
Go to all my models
Hey everybody! I'm really interested in designing jewelry and I would really like to make it through Shapeways. I've already come up with a couple of ideas, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the actual modeling considering that the only background I have in 3D modeling is Autodesk. Are there any good 3D softwares that I could use and some good tutorials that come with it? Thanks!
Re: New member with questions! [message #59876 is a reply to message #59875 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Check this link:
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications

Several on that list are free.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: New member with questions! [message #60230 is a reply to message #59875 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 00:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Rhino 3d for accuracy and Zbrush 4r4 for detail. I have uses AutoCAD and 3d Studio but for making jewelry I use Rhino 3d and Zbrush 4r4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:Hi! I am a Newbie
Next Topic:Greetings!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.