Home » Community » Work in progress » Lighting Project Inspired by Architecture
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Lighting Project Inspired by Architecture [message #59865] Tue, 08 January 2013 22:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar kspaho  is currently offline kspaho
Go to my shop
Hello Shapers,

A few months ago I saw this incredible building titled the Seed Cathedral, presented by Thoms Hatherwick at a TED conference.

As time passed by, ideas started to grow in my head about making something through shapeways that would utilize some of the special features created by the Seed Cathedral. Since the building's behavior towards light stands out the most, I thought to myself, why not do something related to light.
I envision the project below as a votive-light, centerpiece on a dinner table at a restaurant. With Valentine's around the corner, it might be just the right print...
index.php?t=getfile&id=25309&private=0

Re: Lighting Project Inspired by Architecture [message #59881 is a reply to message #59865 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 03:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
P.S

Does anyone know of a place online where I can get LEDs that would fit in the 1.5x1.5x1.5inch central cube? I'm looking for something that has a battery system already and that shines in all directions.
Re: Lighting Project Inspired by Architecture [message #59946 is a reply to message #59865 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 23:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Whoa, neat idea Kostika!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Lighting Project Inspired by Architecture [message #59954 is a reply to message #59946 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 01:23 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hey, thanks Natalia 😃

Previous Topic:Would you give me feedback on this teacup before I print it?
Next Topic:Obama Ridding Raptor

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.