Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » A modeler for a small pendant design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59848] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar ares0027  is currently offline ares0027
Go to all my models
A friend of mine lost a pendant which was very important for her a few months ago and i am looking for a way to replace that as much as possible. So i am looking for someone, anyone to help me create a cat silhouette pendant for her.

I have found an image that looks nice but i don't know if it is possible to create a nice pendant out of this ( and it can be a different one, but i think she would like this)

Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59857 is a reply to message #59848 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Try this you may be able to do it yourself.
http://www.shapeways.com/creator/2d_to_3d/

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59859 is a reply to message #59857 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thanks, if i can't find a designer i will definitely use that. i tried it and created two but i want the cat to be visible like on one but i can't think of a way to hold the pieces together

This seems better as pendant but i dont know, it looks cheap to me

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2013 23:29 UTC]

Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59879 is a reply to message #59859 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 03:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar EricLopez  is currently offline EricLopez
Go to my shop
On the two shell pendant, you could add a stem that attaches from the head to the ring, and the bottom to the ring.
Another route would be going the relief way. I think if you add a bevel, like the edge of a coin it would take away from the cheap look.
Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59940 is a reply to message #59879 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 22:02 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
thanks for your tips Smile I will try doing so.

By the way I am not looking for a designer anymore. Thanks to anyone who took their time to send me messages Smile

Previous Topic:urgent wall thickness fix needed, will pay!
Next Topic:3D modeler needed for a sculpture