Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » A modeler for a small pendant design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59848] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar ares0027  is currently offline ares0027
Go to all my models
A friend of mine lost a pendant which was very important for her a few months ago and i am looking for a way to replace that as much as possible. So i am looking for someone, anyone to help me create a cat silhouette pendant for her.

I have found an image that looks nice but i don't know if it is possible to create a nice pendant out of this ( and it can be a different one, but i think she would like this)

Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59857 is a reply to message #59848 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Try this you may be able to do it yourself.
http://www.shapeways.com/creator/2d_to_3d/

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59859 is a reply to message #59857 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thanks, if i can't find a designer i will definitely use that. i tried it and created two but i want the cat to be visible like on one but i can't think of a way to hold the pieces together

This seems better as pendant but i dont know, it looks cheap to me

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2013 23:29 UTC]

Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59879 is a reply to message #59859 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 03:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar EricLopez  is currently offline EricLopez
Go to my shop
On the two shell pendant, you could add a stem that attaches from the head to the ring, and the bottom to the ring.
Another route would be going the relief way. I think if you add a bevel, like the edge of a coin it would take away from the cheap look.
Re: A modeler for a small pendant design [message #59940 is a reply to message #59879 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 22:02 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
thanks for your tips Smile I will try doing so.

By the way I am not looking for a designer anymore. Thanks to anyone who took their time to send me messages Smile

Previous Topic:urgent wall thickness fix needed, will pay!
Next Topic:3D modeler needed for a sculpture

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.