Home » Support » 3D Design » Need help on curving with Blender
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help on curving with Blender [message #59837] Tue, 08 January 2013 15:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar yoni.binstock  is currently offline yoni.binstock
Go to my shop
I'm trying to add text to an object so that it curves with the surface.

I've been having lots of trouble with it and have not been able to get it done.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do it, good places to learn, or common mistakes beginners make?

Thanks a lot for your help
Re: Need help on curving with Blender [message #59929 is a reply to message #59837 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Yoni, This forum http://blenderartists.org/forum/index.php is great to answer questions about your problem. You can get faster responses at #blender in the irc server Freenode. There is always someone willing to help. I am thinking you need to apply a curve modifier to text, like for ring.This thread http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?273255-Deform ed-text-and-curve-based-shapes-render-terribly-Will-this-be- broken-forever is really interesting since it gave some tips on using the Remesh mod on fonts and curves. always remember you can turn an edge loop into a curve, and use it as the object you want the modifier applied to(for example create a ring band, create a edgeloop, duplicate it, seperate the duplicate, turn it into a curve(AltC mesh into curve).Create the text,apply the curve mod,select the new curve as object. The remesh trick is great to create text that does not deform as badly.There is a demo Blend file there that is worth downloading, contains 3 good examples, text on curve, text converted to a curve on a curve,text converted to a mesh on a curve.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:How to turn a finely tesselated flat area into a couple of faces
Next Topic:Material that can be used for direct cast

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.