Home » Community » General Discussion » WSF: Can it Take the Heat?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
WSF: Can it Take the Heat? [message #59812] Mon, 07 January 2013 22:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey all,

A quick question for you today: a friend's dishwasher broke a couple wheels recently, and knowing that I 3D print, he asked if it would be possible to get replacement parts made.

How hot can WSF plastic handle? Would it stand up in a dishwasher at all?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Re: WSF: Can it Take the Heat? [message #59816 is a reply to message #59812 ] Mon, 07 January 2013 23:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The materials page says that WSF is dishwasher safe, but I'm sure that means that WSF can be put into a dishwasher to be cleaned and not as spare parts for the machine Confused

WSF can stand boiling water, but whether or not it is suitable for replacement parts entirely depends on the size of the part, and how accurate the size needs to be. e.g. a 24 tooth gear made to the same size as a LEGO 24T gear will work with LEGO gears, however a 24 tooth gear as a replacement part inside a vehicle odometer won't work in any of the materials Shapeways offers.

Paul

Re: WSF: Can it Take the Heat? [message #59924 is a reply to message #59816 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 18:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hmmm, okay. All important things to consider. Thanks for your help!

Previous Topic:Kickstarter Advice
Next Topic:New Guy

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.