Home » Community » It arrived! » White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #59767] Mon, 07 January 2013 14:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar benaiah  is currently offline benaiah
Go to my shop
I have ordered SEVERAL pieces in White flexi polished, but some of the details have been polished away. Would love to order some in Fine Detail Plastic, but i am concerned it looks too gritty or "printy" with the linework.

WFP is perfect for me if i print bigger, but im curious how much better it could look if i used FDP...

Anyone...?

((Enclosed is my Klingon Bru'Tok destroyer, with one coat of green and detail paints added - this is in WFP, and it about 5.5 inches long.))

Re: White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #60064 is a reply to message #59767 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 04:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
You'd be better of using Frosted Detail or Frosted Ultra Detail. Those materials take a bit of work to prep for paint , you must remove residual support wax and corn oil, but with a little work it's the best material for models.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #60079 is a reply to message #59767 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 15:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice,

Be sure to put a photo in your Shapeways shop..

Duann Scott,

Previous Topic:Cubic Hourglasses by BRAM & OSKAR
Next Topic:Metal jewelery

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.