Home » Community » General Discussion » How to attach a Lapel Pin to a 3D Model?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How to attach a Lapel Pin to a 3D Model? [message #59672] Sat, 05 January 2013 16:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar IB3D  is currently offline IB3D
Go to all my models
I am designing an insignia. I am researching different kinds of attachments that may be available through ShapeWays. Proposed methods are:
A stick pin with a push on cap for use with clothing.
A magnet for attaching to metal surfaces.
A double stick tape for attaching to smooth surfaces.

My goal is to reduce the cost to the client. Direct shipment from Shapeways to the client would be preferable. The alternative method would have me accepting the order, re-manufacturing the emblem then direct shipping the finished product to the client. (I am not sure if this is even possible)

Is there a way for ShapeWays to incorporate these manufacturing methods into their finished product? Of course, I could include instructions and whatever.

Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Ask away if my question is unclear or requires further information.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to attach a Lapel Pin to a 3D Model? [message #59756 is a reply to message #59672 ] Mon, 07 January 2013 12:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi IB3D,

I'm afraid that at this moment we do not support shipping extra parts like clothes pins. Your best bet would be to use a very generic object that everyone can pick up in stores around them, and include instructions in the product description.

We also have a forum dedicated to such instructions, so you are welcome to post them here and link to them from your product description page:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id =99&

Bart

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 12:07 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:cleaning WSF
Next Topic:(second hand) 3d printed jewels

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.