Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Introductions » Hi everyone!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi everyone! [message #59588] Fri, 04 January 2013 00:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar thekarolina  is currently offline thekarolina
Go to my shop
Hello, and Happy New Year, fellow shapewayfarers!

I'm doing this slightly backwards, having already made, gotten, and used my first printed object, met many of you fine folk at the meetup at the 3DEA pop up shop, and even opened my store on Shapeways today Wink

BUT I've now decided to join in on the conversation on the forums, too!

So anyway hi I'm Karolina and I live in NYC. I've been admiring 3D-printed things from near and far for some time, went to Maker Faire, etc. but as someone who primarily makes flat things (I'm a graphic and type designer) venturing into 3D has been scary but ultimately exciting. It was the opening of the Makerbot store that got my gears turning for good and thinking of my own applications for printing, and then between the Shapeways cyber Monday shipping special and the insanely simple interface in Tinkercad, I pulled the trigger on my first project, the ampersand cookie cutter, which has been great!

For the time being I am looking to bring my lettering and typeface work into decorative objects, household items, jewelry, etc. I anticipate needing to move away from Tinkercad, perhaps to 123D Design?

So yeah, I think that's about it. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the community on here Smile

Cheers!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 January 2013 00:04 UTC]

Re: Hi everyone! [message #59606 is a reply to message #59588 ] Fri, 04 January 2013 10:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
HI Karolina,

actually, that sounds like a great way to get into Shapeways Wink Welcome, and I love your cookie cutter.

Have fun!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hi everyone! [message #60199 is a reply to message #59606 ] Mon, 14 January 2013 17:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar thekarolina  is currently offline thekarolina
Go to my shop
Thanks, Bart! Smile

Previous Topic:just another newbi
Next Topic:Hi! I am a Newbie

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.