Home » Support » Buying » State Tax ????
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
State Tax ???? [message #59398] Mon, 31 December 2012 04:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar nmanic  is currently offline nmanic
Go to all my models
New guy here,was getting ready to palce my first order but while I was checking out I was being charged staet tax ??? I'm in Washington state and we don't pay state tax on any on-line orders.I went thur andre-did the check out twice but still was being charged 7.7% tax ! can someone or anyone shed some light on this for me ?? Thank you in advance.
nmanic

Anyone can model prototypically,it takea a genius to model "What If"
Re: State Tax ???? [message #59488 is a reply to message #59398 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 15:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Your not shipping to NY are you? only state that should be paying sales tax is New York (and maybe California?), unless something has changed in the laws recently. I'd email Service to figure out.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: State Tax ???? [message #59498 is a reply to message #59488 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you,I'm in Washington state ,which does not do sales tax on on-line orders .

Re: State Tax ???? [message #59846 is a reply to message #59398 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi nmanic,

Welcome to Shapeways!
This comes from Jay, our Finance guy:

We are legally required to charge Sales Tax for orders shipped to Washington State, just like Amazon does, because we have a physical presence in the state, just like Amazon.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Best,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: State Tax ???? [message #59870 is a reply to message #59846 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 23:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Natalia ,Thank you for your input you say" Shapeway as a we have a physical presence in the state" I looked all over and even called the BBB and they have no clue to who or what Shapeways is??

L

Re: State Tax ???? [message #59964 is a reply to message #59870 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 10:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi nmanic,

We have a physical presence in Seattle.

Kind regards,
Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: State Tax ???? [message #60012 is a reply to message #59964 ] Fri, 11 January 2013 04:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi,Thank you I found that out today ! small detail I don't live in King county but I guess that is the way it is,Again thank you and everyone eles for the feedback
Cheers
larry

Previous Topic:Money
Next Topic:gift message

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.