Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Multi-part models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Multi-part models [message #59324] Fri, 28 December 2012 21:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
Hey, I was working on a model that would be too large to print in a single step. Now, that's fine for me, as I can upload each part separately and print as needed. However, if I were to upload this to my store page, how would someone order all the correct parts?

It would be nice to have an option to make something a "multi-part model" and then associate other uploads with it. So if it's an airplane with a nose, wings, fuselage, tail and engines (example) I could upload a picture of the finished model and upload each part, identifying it to the main store page.

When a potential customer looks at it, they will see that it is a multi-part model, each piece that is printed for it, and be able to buy the entire thing in one click.

Just a suggestion Smile

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog
Re: Multi-part models [message #59361 is a reply to message #59324 ] Sun, 30 December 2012 10:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/shoppingcart/index.html

... maybe that helps in the meanwhile

Woody64

More then 8100 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)

Previous Topic:Valentine's Day promotion?
Next Topic:How can I get People to buy my stuff?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.