Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D help needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D help needed [message #59181] Tue, 25 December 2012 02:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar reprobubbles  is currently offline reprobubbles
Go to all my models
My fathers co. Just got a new Cnc machine. The guys need some practice pieces and asked me to get a few to them. Can any one help me make a few 3D pieces. I can give you dimensions. Basically need a rectangle with rounded corners. Need to make two pieces like that and then make a clamshell.
Re: 3D help needed [message #59182 is a reply to message #59181 ] Tue, 25 December 2012 06:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
Sure, I'll help you out.

My website is in my sig, and you can find contact info there.

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com
Re: 3D help needed [message #59188 is a reply to message #59181 ] Tue, 25 December 2012 17:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Repro this sure is the place to ask for practice pieces. Anything else just ask. Especially if want some that will drive the printers crazy.Cackles.
I am curious, do you just want one half of a clamshell, or something that is hinged?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 December 2012 17:28 UTC]

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: 3D help needed [message #59199 is a reply to message #59188 ] Tue, 25 December 2012 20:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar reprobubbles  is currently offline reprobubbles
Go to all my models
I am making clamshells for toys. I run a few vacuum formers. I always made my molds out of wood. I am looking for something more precise and thought using the Cnc would be great or 3d printing. I have a hard time explaining the degrees and drafts. However I can draw some designs and go from there.

I am looking to make a clamshell similar to this. I probably will not have the middle hinge.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-XJLv8zLY

[Updated on: Tue, 25 December 2012 20:33 UTC]

Previous Topic:Custom Counter for card game. Modelers please take a look.
Next Topic:Modeler needed for custom shape Keychains