Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray716, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Umm.. so some one just purchased a copy of my Dragon Scale ring, and when I tried to upload the correct file for the size, It's failed 5 times now... I've e-mailed customer service and I'm awaiting a reply.. but.. Is there a problem with the Co-Creater upload?

Ray

2. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    I have had occasional trouble where a model would not be accepted, even though it is manifold, of the right dimensions and volume. I ended up working with CS to do a manual work-around. If you can, email them the file so they can examine why it failed.

3. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Thanks for the heads up, I've already done that so I"m glad I've already taken those steps. :D

4. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Still waiting to hear from Customer Service...

5. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Customer Service doesn't work Saturdays or Sundays. If you emailed Friday, you have to wait until Monday or later (and remember Tuesday is Xmas). They are 8x5 or a bit more, maybe even16x5 if the opening hours of the two countries don't overlap, and they can take some days to reply. Few things are really 24x7 and 60 minute response time.

6. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Also.. the Customer Service team is located in the Netherlands. Their work day ends around noon for the Eastern US.

7. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    No CS in the NY branch?

8. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Well, I've already sent a message to my customer saying that there are technical difficulties... Hopefully this can be resolved quickly. I've already tried to upload the correct file 9 times and failed each time. :( This is the main reason I dont like the current co-creater system.. For some projects it's too much effort...

Thanks for the Information.

Ray

9. bluelinegecko
    bluelinegecko Well-Known Member
    I noticed your Dragon Scale ring has a lot of detail. Is it a large file? The past few months I've been having issues trying to get anything over about 36mb to upload, even though 64mb is supposed to be the file size limit. The larger sized files cause the automatic software checks to "time out" before they are completed. I've tried some work arounds to reduce the file size (running STL's through netfabb cloud, uploading ad x3d, etc.) which has helped but it is still frustrating with detailed models.

10. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    Good question bluelinegecko,

my file is 891 kb or 0.870117mb... So I doubt that is it... what I think the issue is that i'm trying to upload the largest file for the series, which is also the same file that is my main or placeholder file.

Ray

11. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Are you able to upload the file as a regular file? I'll contact service to see if they have resolved this yet.

12. Ray716
    Ray716 Member
    they uploaded it as a regular file, but the money was already taken out for the co-creator, and my customer doesn't want to be double charged.

btw, I LOVE the fact that i now know who has purchased my designs! At least for the Co-Creator. :D

Ray

13. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Note that the upload of the customized model does not work on IE (IE8 at least). Same thing for the upload of pictures on the model page (does not work on IE, works fine on Chrome). I guess this is a known bug...