Home » Community » General Discussion » Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59052] Sat, 22 December 2012 00:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
Umm.. so some one just purchased a copy of my Dragon Scale ring, and when I tried to upload the correct file for the size, It's failed 5 times now... I've e-mailed customer service and I'm awaiting a reply.. but.. Is there a problem with the Co-Creater upload?

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59059 is a reply to message #59052 ] Sat, 22 December 2012 02:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
I have had occasional trouble where a model would not be accepted, even though it is manifold, of the right dimensions and volume. I ended up working with CS to do a manual work-around. If you can, email them the file so they can examine why it failed.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59061 is a reply to message #59059 ] Sat, 22 December 2012 02:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the heads up, I've already done that so I"m glad I've already taken those steps. Very Happy

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59097 is a reply to message #59061 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 00:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Still waiting to hear from Customer Service...

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59098 is a reply to message #59097 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 01:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Customer Service doesn't work Saturdays or Sundays. If you emailed Friday, you have to wait until Monday or later (and remember Tuesday is Xmas). They are 8x5 or a bit more, maybe even16x5 if the opening hours of the two countries don't overlap, and they can take some days to reply. Few things are really 24x7 and 60 minute response time.
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59100 is a reply to message #59098 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 03:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Also.. the Customer Service team is located in the Netherlands. Their work day ends around noon for the Eastern US.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59102 is a reply to message #59100 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 05:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No CS in the NY branch?
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59106 is a reply to message #59102 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 05:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, I've already sent a message to my customer saying that there are technical difficulties... Hopefully this can be resolved quickly. I've already tried to upload the correct file 9 times and failed each time. Sad This is the main reason I dont like the current co-creater system.. For some projects it's too much effort...

Thanks for the Information.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59130 is a reply to message #59106 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 21:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I noticed your Dragon Scale ring has a lot of detail. Is it a large file? The past few months I've been having issues trying to get anything over about 36mb to upload, even though 64mb is supposed to be the file size limit. The larger sized files cause the automatic software checks to "time out" before they are completed. I've tried some work arounds to reduce the file size (running STL's through netfabb cloud, uploading ad x3d, etc.) which has helped but it is still frustrating with detailed models.

Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59131 is a reply to message #59130 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 22:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Good question bluelinegecko,

my file is 891 kb or 0.870117mb... So I doubt that is it... what I think the issue is that i'm trying to upload the largest file for the series, which is also the same file that is my main or placeholder file.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59216 is a reply to message #59052 ] Wed, 26 December 2012 13:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Are you able to upload the file as a regular file? I'll contact service to see if they have resolved this yet.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59252 is a reply to message #59216 ] Wed, 26 December 2012 22:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
they uploaded it as a regular file, but the money was already taken out for the co-creator, and my customer doesn't want to be double charged.

btw, I LOVE the fact that i now know who has purchased my designs! At least for the Co-Creator. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Is there a problem with the Co-Creater Upload? [message #59260 is a reply to message #59252 ] Thu, 27 December 2012 10:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Note that the upload of the customized model does not work on IE (IE8 at least). Same thing for the upload of pictures on the model page (does not work on IE, works fine on Chrome). I guess this is a known bug...

So many things to design, so little time...

Previous Topic:WRL file with texture not working correctly
Next Topic:Cyber Monday: 15% off on The Magic Shop!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.