Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Family Pendants
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Family Pendants [message #58669] Sat, 15 December 2012 19:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
These are for my family members this year. I did make one for myself as well (I'm allowed to gift myself as well, right? Very Happy ) since part of the point is for all of us to have the same design on the back with a unique design on the front. The family tree on the back contains a few hidden symbols, and the letters are our first initials.

I'm fairly happy with how these came out. The back is properly flat now that I added support structure within the hollow inside of the pendant. However, I did get what appears to be some "pooling" of the bronze, leading to a different discoloration pattern on the flat backs of each pendant. I am guessing this is due to the flat back being more or less horizontal and facing up during the process. Any other thoughts?

Closeup:
index.php?t=getfile&id=24392&private=0

Back:
index.php?t=getfile&id=24391&private=0

• Attachment: 8-back.JPG
    (Size: 78.23KB, Downloaded 236 time(s))

• Attachment: 9-all_closeup.JPG
    (Size: 336.68KB, Downloaded 236 time(s))

Re: Family Pendants [message #60554 is a reply to message #58669 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 00:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Spozzfreund  is currently offline Spozzfreund
Go to my shop
Great idea for christmas gifts! Smile

My render animations: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeitfreund

Previous Topic:Dog from Half Life !
Next Topic:Anteaters, Rings, and so on...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.