Home » Community » General Discussion » Patented Designs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Patented Designs [message #58643] Fri, 14 December 2012 22:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar CassJohnson  is currently offline CassJohnson
Go to all my models
My design is a patented design, that I simply wish to get a couple prototypes printed for my personal use in marketing. I'm not sure I want to allow Shapeways to license this automatically just because I uploaded it in order to print a prototype. What is Shapeways position on this. If necessary, I will simple take my business somewhere else.

Thank You.
Re: Patented Designs [message #58650 is a reply to message #58643 ] Sat, 15 December 2012 01:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
When you upload the model, by default it is Private, and NOT for Sale to others.
Just don't change those settings, and you can order as many copies for yourself as you wish.
With those two boxes un-checked, Shapeways doesn't show it to anybody else.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 December 2012 02:04 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Download models into blender
Next Topic:I don't think a whole lot of UPS.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.