Home » Support » Buying » Shipping costs per product?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping costs per product? [message #5675] Wed, 05 August 2009 12:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar nibbo  is currently offline nibbo
Go to all my models
Hi,

A question about the way you charge shipping costs. When ordering a product it says it includes "Vat & shipping".

Why isn't shipping per order instead of per product? Or am I mistaken? I checked it in the ordering process where the price (Inc Vat & shipping) is only multiplied by the quantity.

Regards,

nibbo
Re: Shipping costs per product? [message #5677 is a reply to message #5675 ] Wed, 05 August 2009 13:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clintbellanger  is currently offline clintbellanger
Go to my shop
Shipping costs are built into the material/production costs. So if you see something that's $10 on Shapeways it costs that amount to make it and get it to your door.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 August 2009 13:41 UTC]

Re: Shipping costs per product? [message #5679 is a reply to message #5677 ] Wed, 05 August 2009 13:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nibbo  is currently offline nibbo
Go to all my models
Perhaps I should add what my point is: Say you have a small part which you want to order 20 of. I hope your not getting charged with 20x shipping costs for those parts would easily fit in one package.
Re: Shipping costs per product? [message #5680 is a reply to message #5679 ] Wed, 05 August 2009 13:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar randomblink  is currently offline randomblink
Go to my shop
Good point... can anyone elucidate?

Welcome to Costco, I love you.
Re: Shipping costs per product? [message #5681 is a reply to message #5679 ] Wed, 05 August 2009 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clintbellanger  is currently offline clintbellanger
Go to my shop
If you look at my shop, I have some small cheap items. I ordered a pile of items (just above the minimum order amount of $25) that was shipped in one package, overseas, in only a few days.

I actually worry that Shapeways is losing money on shipping small orders.

They don't add a fixed shipping cost to each item. It seems like a certain percentage of a material's cost-per-cubic-cm is there to help cover their shipping expenses. So it's proportional to the size of the item. I tried one item that is only $0.35, and I could get 100 of them printed and sent in a box for $35.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 August 2009 13:55 UTC]

Re: Shipping costs per product? [message #5877 is a reply to message #5681 ] Fri, 14 August 2009 23:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Yes, the shipping charges are included in the price.

The minimum orderamount insures that our handling & shipping costs are covered.

Cheers!

Robert

Previous Topic:19% VAT on order?
Next Topic:Prototyping Minimum

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.